Highlights of my 2013
– Found a happy relationship with my wonderful girlfriend. Love her so much. Also love that we do stuff together: Pride, Zine Fests, Roller Derby, Christmas Markets, Panto, etc.
– Started my own business (The Pillow Fort).
– Was awarded the Ordo Caligulae by University of Nottingham Students’ Union.
– Finally let go of student politics and being a student.
– Started volunteering at Nottingham Women’s Centre for 2 hours a week which I love.
– Got my distro off 8 month hiatus and rebranded it (new logo and new website).
– Got Betty the evil hamster.
– Found a world of positive and inspiring websites I now can’t imagine life without.
– Discovered lifestyle design and online business resources galore! My faves are here.
– Enjoyed fantastic new TV (Orange is the New Black, Orphan Black, Nashville, Masters of Sex and more!)
– Mental health improved hugely, probably to the best it’s ever been. I prioritised myself and my sanity for the first time in years.
– Was put in the Work Related Activity Group for Employment and Support Allowance (disability benefits) after an 11 month ordeal.
– Read some awesome, inspiring, probably life-changing books such as:
Feel free to add me on Goodreads!
– Had a lovely trip to Edinburgh to stay with my Godmother.
– Learnt loads more about mind/body/spirituality/energy, despite having always thought it a load of nonsense before. (The jury is still out… currently suspending judgement and having a play!
– Regularly baked, particularly gluten free cakes for my Coeliac girlfriend!
– Became co-Editor for ME Self Help Nottingham’s newsletter.
– Had wonderful weekends away for my girlfriend and I’s birthdays (in September and October). We had to change plans for my birthday as I was too ill, but even just staying away in a hotel nearby for a night was absolutely wonderful <3 For my girlfriend’s birthday we went to West Midlands Safari Park and I fed an antelope out the car window!
My mum writes letters to send out with Christmas cards each year, and was asking me what I wanted to say about my life this year. I concluded: “Dropped out my masters. Opened The Pillow Fort. Got happy. Still ill.”
How was your 2013?