2015 Planning and Planners + Giveaway!
Towards the end of 2013 I was introduced to something new… planners.
Okay, so that’s a lie, obviously I knew what a planner was, and have used a variety of paper calendars and google calendar for your years to organise my life and make sure I was at the right place, at the right time.
But these were different… these beautiful creations helped me to review the year just gone, and carefully plan for the year ahead. They weren’t about New Year Resolutions, but they were about carefully making sure that not only did my 2014 goals happen, but that they neatly slotted in the bigger vision I have for my life.
(There’s a blog post in the works about my 2014 in review and which goals I did/didn’t achieve.)
Here’s a little bit from Leonie Dawson’s Create Your Shining Year 2015 Planner sales page which I think perfectly sums up why goals are awesome:
My top advice for joining the world of goal-setting go-getters:
- Don’t overdo it. A couple of goals/plans well executed and ticked off is infinitely better than all the plans and intentions in the world with no real-life action.
- Review regularly. Monthly at a minimum. Book time in your calendar to go over what you planned and adjust as necessary.
- Pick one (or maaaaybe two) planners/methods/whatever and stick to them. No-one’s got time to keep track of their goals if they’re written in a million places and in a million different formats.
- If planning in advance like this doesn’t work for you, that’s absolutely okay. I’d still encourage you to review 2014 and see what you can learn from your experiences, but if your health/life is too bumpy to plan for 2015 right now, then that’s okay. Check out The Desire Map below for a completely different approach which may well suit you better.
So, without further ado, I present you with The Pillow Fort’s whistlestop tour around the world of planners:
Susannah Conway’s Unraveling The Year Ahead 2015
This is (in my opinion) one of the best free planners out there. It’s been going for a number of years now, and has the perfect mix of review/reflection, combined with dreaming/goals for the year (and beyond) ahead.
Find out more: Susannah Conway’s Unraveling the Year Ahead 2015
The Uncaged Life’s Year in Review
This is basically a list of questions, but she posts them every year, so if you keep your answers for future years, it’s fascinating to see the growth and change. It could be a really good place to start if you’re new to reviewing/planning and everything else on this page is completely overwhelming you!
Find out more: The Uncaged Life’s Year in Review
A Life Less Bullshit’s Screw Your New Year’s Resolutions
In that e-kit, you’ll find everything you need: simple instructions, printable worksheets, and a clear and straightforward approach to getting laser-focused on what you really want and how to make it happen in 2015.
I stumbled across this one a couple of days ago, and I love how it limits you to only 5 big goals for 2015. I’m definitely going to try and reign in my goal setting this year and focus on what I really want to make happen!
Find out more: Screw Your New Year’s Resolutions
Paid Digital & Physical Planners
Leonie Dawson’s Create Your Shining Year 2015 Planner
“The 2015 Create Your Shining Year workbook & calendar is an incredibly popular & useful tool to help you plan out & make happen your most incredible year in life or busines (or both!). Over the last six years, thousands of women have used this workbook with the most amazing results. It’s the best planning tool available to help you make your year your most exceptional yet!
Used by entrepreneurs, artists, mamas, creatives, coaches, teachers and women of all ages, the Create Your Shining Year in Life and Biz workbooks are filled with dozens of pages of powerful worksheets & a printable calendar to help you create your amazing new year.”
I’ve treated myself to a physical version of this planner this year, having enjoyed it so much last year! You an get a much closer look at the insides right here.
Price: $9.95 (about £6.40) for digital, $24.95 (about £16) for physical
Find out more: Leonie Dawson’s Create Your Shining Year 2015 Planner
Passion Planner is your own personal, 24/7, inexpensive life coach because it helps you:
- Define your ideal life and get there: Define your ideal life AND then create your own a step by step map to get you there with the Passion Planning Process
- Balance: Space for both personal and work projects and tasks
- Prioritize: Prompts you to pick one thing every day, week and month to focus on
- Focus on the positive: Every week there is a section dedicated just to write down “Good things that happened”
I’ve had a little play with Passion Planner, and really like it. I’m not quite sure that scheduling out every half hour of my time works so well for me though. I’m planning to give elements of it a go in 2015 though.
This should come under digital, physical and free – there’s so many options!
Price: Free – varies
Find out more: Passion Planner
Danielle LaPorte’s The Desire Map
This isn’t strictly a planner (although you can buy a 2015 Desire Map diary). The Desire Map (a digital and physical book) is all about finding your Core Desired Feelings and instead of having set goals, the aim is to generate as much of your Core Desired Feelings in life has possible. It’s a beautifully clever, yet simple philosophy.
Find out more: Danielle LaPorte
Paid Digital Planners
Blessing Manifesting’s Self Love 2015 Planner
- The 2015 Self Love Planner is a .pdf file that will be sent to your email to print out at home or to fill in right from your computer!
- 187 pages of nourishment designed to encourage you to take time for yourself.
- Review 2014 from several mindsets. How was your self care? What body image issues did you struggle with? In what ways were you disappointed and how did you triumph?
- Discover what self care is and why you need a big dose of it in your life.
- Figure out what’s stopping you from loving yourself and how not to let it.
- Learn the many different ways you can start showing yourself how utterly amazing and kick-ass you are.
I used this for quite a lot of last year, and think the focus on you, as opposed to all these external goals and plans is a great one for those of us with chronic illness!
Price: $10 (about £6.40)
Find out more: Blessing Manifesting’s Self Love 2015 Planner
Tara Bliss and Rachel MacDonald’s Spirited ebook and 2015 Companion
Spirited ebook: 147 pages. Out-of-this-world aesthetics. 12 soulful lessons. Dreams, fear, self-sabotage, comparison, the inner critic, creativity, and more. This much celebrated eBook is part memoir-style storytelling, part workbook and part ultimate guide to YOU.
2015 Companion: A yearly guide like no other. The action to Spirited’s contemplation. Inspiration meets implementation. Spirited Solutions is punchy, potent and practical. Embrace your shadow and chase down your biggest dreams in 2015.
I absolutely devoured Spirited when it came out last year. This book is both visually and emotionally stunning If you’re looking to explore spirituality and what it means to you a little more in 2015, I couldn’t recommend Spirited more highly. The 2015 is different to other planners in that there’s a lot of problem solving and getting you out of lulls and ruts that you’re bound to encounter throughout the year. Highly recommended!
Price: Spirited ebook – AU$29 (about £15), 2015 Companion – AU $23 (about £12), or bundle of both – AU $42 (about £22).
Find out more: Spirited ebook and 2015 Companion
Life is Messy Bootcamp/Planners
Sixty plus (60+) beautifully designed interactive Life is Messy Planners® +hand-illustrated printables ideal for mapping out your rise to the top. You can print + go as many copies as you need or fill em’ up straight from your computer for those days your Hello Kitty pen runs out of ink. They’re ring binder friendly too, oh la la!
I got these as part of a much bigger bundle mid-2013 and absolutely fell in love with them. I’ve been using them ever since on and off/as needed. Super cute design, but really practical too.
Price: $40 (about £25.60)
Find out more: Life Is Messy Bootcamp/Planners
Build A Little Biz’s bizplantastic 2015 Workbook
- reflecting on what you’ve done so far
- honing in on your vision & gaining clarity
- setting goals & creating intention
- choosing strategies – product, brand, marketing, sales, and business admin
- creating plans – year, month, week, day
- managing tasks, projects, marketing activities, content creation, tracking & more
I bought the previous version of this at the start of 2014, and have regularly returned to the printables throughout the year. This year Karen has beefed out the review section and added additional elements to.
Price: $33 (about £21)
Find out more: Build A Little Biz’s bizplantastic 2015 workbook
Great Blog Posts with More 2015 Planning Ideas!
Happy Friday + Weekly Links (all planners/calendars/etc)
What’s Your 2015 Intention?
So there you have it, all the resources you could ever want to plan a great 2015! Which do you like the sound of and how are you planning to make sure your 2015 is the best year possible? Let us know in the comments below!
Giveaway ends: Midday GMT, Tuesday 30th December.